Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Git er dun

Well, now that I'm a few snips away from being finished the sewing for skating people, I should probably get to my homework assignment, eh? lol. Writing a paragraph on internet addiction. It's not something that'll take me long to do, I just need to the time to focus on it. It's been a bit too crazy around here this week to do that. But tonight or tomorrow I should have the time, depending on how long it takes me to get the last bit of these outfits done.

Basically, "Do you thing is it a real issue? Do you think it is a serious issue? What would need to be done to prevent this with young children?."

  • Based on what we discussed, I don't think it's a hard and fast issue/rule. In some cases, yes, it could be an addiction, in another, merely a symptom of something larger, or, as mentioned in class, simply a fascination with a new medium. All of the above can be applicable.
  • The degree of severity would depend on the above, if it was a valid addiction, the person would need to seek help, a symptom of a larger problem, they would need to seek help even more-so, to assist them in finding the cause, before it gets worse. But if it's merely a fascination with something new, then time will likely take care of that.
  • In order to prevent it with children, parents and caregivers would have to be careful in how much time they allow the child online, and proper supervision would be important as well.

...i think i just did my homework, LOL.

I guess I'll copy/paste that and tidy it up before submitting, lol. Groovy.

Well, as much fun as all this is, I think I should go and start some supper. There's kid's club tonight, last one this year (aside from the "year end" party) While it cooks I think I'll get the costumes done so I can stop dwelling on them and just relax tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment