Today was a day for being in bed. Well.. at least.. it Felt that way. Fight to get up, fight to stay awake.. Just SO tired today. Well.. this morning it didn't help that my bed was just So perfect.. the perfect temp, not too hot, not cold, just.. oh so perfect. Was so hard to NOT stay there alll daaaaay....
I feel badly about it. It's like.. Where has the energy gone? Some place far away from me it would seem :/
Did drag myself (quite literally) from bed to get us to church this morning. Heard one of my favourite verses. I have two that are marked in my Bible (I'm not one who likes to mark up any books, particularily this one.. so that I've marked em is fairly significant I feel)
Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.[a]
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
It was just 5 and 6, but I've added 7 and 8 because they seem fitting right now. And I've just happened to glance over at Proverbs 2 while it's sitting on my lap here..
1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.
9 Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you.
12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
from men whose words are perverse,
13 who have left the straight paths
to walk in dark ways,
14 who delight in doing wrong
and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15 whose paths are crooked
and who are devious in their ways.
16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God.[a]
18 Surely her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will live in the land,
and the blameless will remain in it;
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
and the unfaithful will be torn from it.
The bold section is what got my attention. Something to think on when I finish here I think.
Just cuz, my other favourite verse:
(I love biblegateway btw.. makes this so much easier than typing it all up, lol)(hmm... except when the new NIV version is not the same as mine... and I like mine much better.. guess I'm typing it.)
17 The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
I just.. really love that verse. The last three lines especially. I can't recall Exactly when I came to it.. I think possibly when looking at Haggai in class or something.. but yeah.. it just.. was very very good. I should come up with a cross-stitch for it.
I want to go sit in Chris and Diane's yard.. I can see their tree blooming from here.. it probably smells divine. My lilac tree is starting to bud finally. OH, and this week, everything's finally gone green.. it gives me such a feeling of.. Joy. It's hard to really articulate, but.. to put it simply... Joy. Utter joy to see all the green. It'd be tempting to move somewhere closer to the equater just to always have that green around. It makes me happy. I find so much peace in nature. I realize that winter is part of nature as well, lol, but.. ah.. well.. it's winter. I can find things to love about winter, but.. it's not a total, uncontrollable love like once the green hits.
I long to the point of tears for a secluded, wooded place to go and wander, or just sit in the middle of.. That was mine and I knew I wouldn't come across another person in. Just me and the trees and whatever animals were there as well..
I had that, as a kid, before my parents split up. I think of it often.
It was incredibly disappointing to learn of the family farm being sold off as well.
Anyway. Wandered off there.
No point dwelling, right? Right. Just make do with what one has and try to be content there.
It looks like rain. I hope it does. I'd like to wish for a good storm, MAN would things get green then.. but storms are Exceptionally lonely alone.. And they knock out power. Which would mean no mindless tv to distract, and no lights to read.. just alone, in the dark.
Um.
I think I'll pass, lol.
I know I need to wash my livingroom window. Colours are fading, fingerprints... it needs to be washed. I'm just Loath to do it. I was Enthusiastic with the blue, so desperate was I to fight winter white with some Colour..
It's going to be a huge pain to wash now :/
I love watching Xander and Indigo dance. When Xander shakes his butt it's absolutely awesome, lol. I should get myself some video of that.
I'm two episodes away from finishing Warehouse 13. I've liked it, I'm looking forward to season 3. Thinking I'll rewatch em some time with Quinn maybe. I think he'd enjoy them somewhat as well.. though some of the historical references might be (will be) beyond him.. so.. I don't know. But I've liked it a lot.
Watched last week's Sanctuary last night as well. YAY Tessla! Finally a Tessla episode. I've missed him.
They figured out how to revamp him. So he's all happy 'n stuff now. And as arrogant as always.
Ooooh Tessla.
Lack of phone contact definately makes it easier to fall out of contact with someone.
Maybe that's how it's supposed to be.
in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment