However, considering how crazy Wed and Thurs were last week, I don't think I DID type anything here, and I KNOW I didn't Fri and Sat.. SO.... on we go.
Parent teacher interviews with the kids' teachers went well. Really well. Quinn refers to Ms. Kerr as The Best Teacher in the World. :) Zoe's doing great, her printing has become REALLY really neat and well done. And her math facts have really improved, although problem solving still needs work (when bob has 4 apples, and betty-sue three, how many do they have all together? type stuff) Indigo's been pulling the whole "I don't remember" when it comes to reading, to get someone else to do it for her.... Sheeeee tried it with me when she was reading some sentences from they're journalling work. But I don't bite on that one.... SO her teacher figures the word recognition test they did recently PROBABLY isn't very accurate, lol. Quinn's doing really well also. His test marks are insanely great... except for one test, but according to his teacher it's the first time she's given them a test in that format, with multiple choice and such.
Zoe did awesomely great at the music festival :D I'm very very very proud of her :)
Those are the daisies I got for Zoe :) And she loved her dress.
After I'm done typing this I'm going to go off and work on my essay. Partay and a half. I'm also all good for the practicum, to do it at the school here. Probably gr 3 with alternating days with K. NOW, I just wait for the paperwork *sigh* I'm not always so great at waiting.. especially when I have to fit in so many hours before June.
OK.. so.. I decided to check.. and I DID make an entry on Wednesday, lol. OOPs.
So yeah.. ok... on the ball now.. lol. Babysitting for Xander is all good. Jessi's going to look after him :) Yay one less headache.
Thursday was pretty crazy.. left the house at 8:25am, didn't get back until just after 1pm o.O Was very tired that day.
OH, and the last Kid's Club night. O.O
BEDLAM.
Was all good. Up. Until. The Ice Cream. And then it was like, someone flipepd a switch and all the kids turned into wild, insane little monkeys o.O Running around, EVERYWHERE. A herd sent the ice cream in Xander's hands FLYING (and we were sitting against the wall trying to AVOID the lunacy) and THEN there were kids in teh baptism room, there was a baptism this sunday, so there was water in there, someone had thought it 'funny' to push their 'buddy' into the pool.. what if the kid hd hit his head on the steps?? I highly doubt, if they were even there, that his parents knew where he was, he could have drowned! At that point I went and told some of the other adults in charge of it all about the kids in the baptism room, and they started trying to put a stop to the lunacy. A little girl Xander's age (she's actually only a week? I think younger than he.. or older.. either way.. Close, lol) got bowled over, bumped her head on the floor.... after that the kids and I had left.
Crazy. Kids WILL be kids, but that was way beyond extreme.
Well, it's just about time to chase little people to bed, and then get going on the *sigh* essay of doom, lol.
~Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment