Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sing Along if you Can

Monday's class was good. Helps that the topics were of interest, specifically the Learning Styles and such. I've had interest in that since it was first brought to my attention in gr 9 English? I think it was English.. One of Mr Steen's classes... and I think we only had English and one other with him.. but I can't remember the other... of course...

I really wish at times that my dad could have at least waited until the end of the freaking school year before sending me (and Becky I suppose, though he didn't really want to send her, did he?) off to Rabbit Lake. I never did get to study Greek Mythology.. we hadn't done it yet in MB, and they had already done it here in SK... *sigh* I was really looking forward to that one.

Wow... bit of a side-track there eh.

ANYwho, yes. Class good. Me likey. I wish there was more depth to it. BUT, that is what the internet is for I suppose. Have to keep in mind it's a class, and there IS only so much time to do stuff. Too many years now of NO school, so when I want to know something just go crazy on the net and find pages and pages and pages, and the sifting for worthwhile stuff and "weee" lol.

Happy belated St Patrick's day. :P


Yes. I was green :P And the kids were green... Quinn had a green shirt. Indigo had her green shamrocks dress on that I made for her (and Zoe, but Zoe's was in the laundry) last year, and her green apple hair elastic, and Zoe had a green hair elastic, green shirt, green pants AND... bright pink socks, LOL :D

I have come to the conclusion, and I don't think I've mentioned it HERE yet, lol, but I totally and completely made the most wisest of decisions when I opted for Biology as my science in school. Physics is not horrible, very algebra like, and that was about the only part of math that I can remember actually enjoying, but the twist throws me off. I shall admit though, that if I was actually IN the class, as in taking it on purpose, I could probably figure it out. So far as I've seen anyway. Oh well. The genetics aspect of biology would have won hands down, no competition, every time anyway. There was NOT enough of that, in my opinion, when I did it last year, lol.

I am so demanding :P

That one's a bit trickier to look up on your own online. There is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much stuff to sift through, especially when you don't know a specific direction to look in.

"Tracters is so duuuuumb.."

lol.. Stockholm syndrom.. starting to love my kidnapper... Cars.... lol. There's a Cars 2 in production. Supposed to be released June 24, 2011. McQueen and Mater supposedly travel the world. I'll watch it for Mater.

"Hey.. if anyone asks, we were out smashin' mailboxes er sumpthin..."

lol

"Don't have to know where I'm goin'! Only have to know where I been."

Anywho, nuff of Mater-goodness, lol.

Got the zippers I ordered in the mail yesterday :D 5 short, but the guy says he'll make up the difference and then some. Whatever, I'm not OVERLY concerned about it, it's just 5 out of 100 (which, supposing it was shorted intentionally, is exactly what a person would hope people would say) But I'm all set for zippers for a very. Long. Time. lol. It took me over a year to work through the 25 I had bought previously. I like to be well stocked in some things. Saves trying to work around being short of something later. Speaking of being short, I need to get some more serger thread one of these days... not something I want to get on ebay, shipping would be evil. (all shipping is evil it seems)

I think I've got Zoe's dress figured out, for the music festival next week. So I'll probably get started on that right away here. I think it'll look smashing. It was hard to decide on what to do. Way too many options. It didn't help that I specifically bought some black material for it a little while ago.. felt that I had to use it. And so I have. and that is how I know I need more serger thread.. well.. have known for awhile... black and white specifically (of course)(default colours)(cheaper than having a thousand different colours) But I'd like to do a rolled hem, and for that I need more black :/

I'm excited. I remember being in Music Festivals. I still have my awards and ajudications. I miss playing SO much. Not so much the solo stuff, but being part of a band. It's kind of happy/sad to listen to the really beautiful music in some movies, happy because it's so awesome, sad because I want to play :( lol. Especially when I pick out the horns.... or they are given a prominant part of the music to play. Not just background noise :P

My back's been feeling better this week (although muscles still ache, but they are better today) and do you know why? It's the mystical powers of having a chiropracter appointment. Tomorrow. Of COURSE it feels better :P Actually, it started to feel better after I stopped taking four of those freaking pills a day. (glucosamine Sulfate) or, on the flip side.. maybe they are just kicking in... BAH.. I hate pills of any sort. I know that's like what he shall tell me tomorrow if I mention it "Well they take time to work" etc etc etc. *sigh* There can be some serious draw-backs to genetics I tell ya.

I still would love something other than the kitchen chair to sit in. That one at XSCargo was great.

Re-read my posts, and had Weird Al stuck in my head. I feel it my duty to spread the Weird Al goodness here:

"eBay"

Yeah
A used ... pink bathrobe
A rare ... mint snowglobe
A Smurf ... TV tray
I bought on eBay

My house ... is filled with this crap
Shows up in bubble wrap
Most every day
What I bought on eBay

Tell me why (I need another pet rock)
Tell me why (I got that Alf alarm clock)
Tell me why (I bid on Shatner's old toupee)
They had it on eBay

I'll buy ... your knick-knack
Just check ... my feedback
"A++!" they all say
They love me on eBay

Gonna buy (a slightly-damaged golf bag)
Gonna buy (some Beanie Babies, new with tag)
(From some guy) I've never met in Norway
Found him on eBay

I am the type who is liable to snipe you
With two seconds left to go, whoa
Got Paypal or Visa, what ever'll please ya
As long as I've got the dough

I'll buy ... your tchotchkes
Sell me ... your watch, please
I'll buy (I'll buy, I'll buy, I'll buy ...)
I'm highest bidder now

(Junk keeps arriving in the mail)
(From that worldwide garage sale) (Dukes Of Hazard ashtray)
(Hey! A Dukes Of Hazard ashtray)
Oh yeah ... (I bought it on eBay)

Wanna buy (a PacMan Fever lunchbox)
Wanna buy (a case of vintage tube socks)
Wanna buy (a Kleenex used by Dr. Dre, Dr. Dre)
(Found it on eBay)

Wanna buy (that Farrah Fawcet poster)
(Pez dispensers and a toaster)
(Don't know why ... the kind of stuff you'd throw away)
(I'll buy on eBay)

What I bought on eBay-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y
And a video on youtube, so you can hear the weird al greatness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU

And having watched that a few times I've managed to toally forget the other song that managed to take it's place a few moments ago, LOL.

Well, all this rambling's fun and all, but I suppose I should go and get some stuff around the house done now. Dishwasher needs loading and other such "fun" activities, lol

~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment