Practicum starts tomorrow. Bright and early @ 8:30. It does look, however, like I'll be able to get my hours with minimal time at work lost. YaY! Rick is back at the school now too.. that's awesome :) And I'l l be working from a computer at the school, so that'll save me travelling time, which means more time applied to the practicum. Once again I am in total awe of how awesome it is to have dealings with the staff of this school. They are always above and beyond helpful, in my opinion, for the most part. We lucked out here, I'm telling ya.
SO, I am excited, elated, and nervous. lol. It is easier to do things when you're just doing them, rather than doing them for a mark or some such.
My peas are happy, they have buddies now. Little baby lilacs. Muahahahaaaaa. lol. It's very greenhousey in there now, with the addition of the bag of dirt, and the box of sticks :)
Oh most excellent, I have figured out how to move the pictures in a pain/annoyance-free way. Huzzah! So there are my pretties. Soon I shall be adding MORE pretties.. likely later today, once work is done. Since I forsee myself being really busy for the rest of the week. Aren't they CUTE?? lol.
Tulips have started to pop up in various places now as well. I picked up some fertilizer for roses when it was on sale last fall, so I'll probably do that today as well. I think I need another watering can.. my one and only is now being used for the tomatoes, complete with tomato food. SO I'll need one for watering all the OTHER plants with their food. Indoor as well as outdoor.
I must say, the mother's day gift Indigo's class did last year was one of the best I've ever come across. They painted a medium sized pot, and planted a geranium in it :D Mine is still alive, coming upon it's one year anniversary, AND it's blooming happily :) Today I need to remember to cut off the expired blooms. :)
I am nervous about the next few weeks. Next couple months it'll likely turn out to be.... I've never been overly fond of leaving the kids with babysitters. Perhaps I'm too clingy, I don't know, but the back of my mind, no matter how much fun I may be having, is twitching. Missing my monkeys. I also feel guilty. I was there all the time for the older three. And now with Xander... I feel like he's getting short changed. Jess is great, and I'm glad he'll have someone close to his own age to play with in B, like the older three had with each other when they were little.... I am SURE he will enjoy it most of the time (hey, everybody has bad days, especially two year olds, lol.) and it might even help encourage him to SPEAK. Like I know he could if he just WOULD. But.. I still feel guilty, and I know the Twitch will be there... *sigh* I'm a clingy, possibly sometimes over-protective mommy, and I know it.
It's going to be fun to be in the school though. I AM really looking forward to it. If a bit nervously, lol. In my Gap Year as I call it. Gr 3. (Quinn in 4, Zoe 2, Indigo 1) I don't even know the teacher that well, he's a different one from when Quinn was in gr 3. Should be fun.
Ultimately...... I would love to be a teacher.
Anywho, kids are home now, I think I'll get off here and go Do Stuff.
~Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment