Friday, May 15, 2009

It's The Bomb, Yo Diggity.

Saw Star Trek last night :D

I'm in love with the music. And the movie was totally awesome. Not because the storyline was anything original and thrilling... hello, bad guy gets upset, bad guy goes back to f*ck with everyone's world.. been there, done that, ho hum. They really didn't get all that involved with the antagonist. It was all about the characters, Spock etc, and that's just ducky with me. Not sure I was overly fond of the Chekov. I felt that they overdid the whole accent thing. But maybe I just don't remember the old series like I thought... Scotty was a little too happy go lucky? yes yes, alternate time lines and all that jazz... but those couple twinges aside, I thought it was really well done *applause here* And of course Nemoy was awesome as well :D (but that's just because I'm a big nemoy fan ;) lol) I think it's probably the first time they HAVEN'T gone and "fixed" all the altered time lines though. the beginning was sad. I almost cried... but stuff like that gets to me regardless of the movie.

The horns at the opening were beautiful.. I am TOTALLY getting the soundtrack for this movie. But Star Trek music more often than not is Awesome.

Quote on the daily calander that Becky gave me: "A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds. Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it. Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long." ~ Proverbs 31:10-12
Yesterday's:
"Remeber that you are needed. There is at least one important work to be done that will not be done unless you do it."
The dog needs her nails clipped. Ouch.
Am currently re-reading "My Single Mom Life" by Angela Thomas. Am actually underlining parts as I read... parts that... hit home? Resonate? whichever you prefer, with me. Which is why I like the book.. it's not all, someone trying to talk about something they know next to nothing about, blah blah this, blah blah that, do this, why can't you just do that. The things she writes, actually hit the mark. So I guess I did good with this spur of the moment purchase :P lol. I'm not usually one to mark up books either (!!! Bad!!!) but it just.... I feel like I have to say, in some way, Hey! This woman's saying it for me... type thing... lol.

I'm also not usually one to admit to reading a book like this, LOL. What's that? oh.. uh.. no.. it's Anne McCaffrey!! lol.

I finished up HD I on Wednesday. 96.something. :) One more class to catch up on, Human Relationships. Party.

I've missed two days of my practicum :( Zoe's been home sick. Nothing serious, just slightly warm forhead, and That Cough. Ugh, that girl gets the absolute WORST cough. And it lingerrrrs.

Planted peas outside, and then it snows *rolleyes* The rest are doing alright... the tomatoes look a bit iffy.. I think they got too much food :/ my bad.. but in my own defence... I'm not a tomato pro. Two are doing great. I need to get them into something bigger great. Need to get more dirt.

Zoe and Quinn have new bikes. Will have when I can get to the city to pick them up from my mother :) Totally forgot to take in Indigo's old one though :/ (AH! That's why the "belkin" name on my router is so familiar.. it's the same name as my power bar for the computer! lol) $75 for Quinn's, and $40 for Zoe's :) I rock. I just have to figure out the chain on Indigo's and we'll all be good to go again :) And THEN we're going to the greenhouse :D Two bikes for the price of one brand new.

Another long weekend. Four days instead of jsut three, with a three day week next week. I don't think I can afford to miss anymore days, or my practicum will be shot :/

Kids are playing outside. Snow is jsut about all gone. Maybe we'll run away to the circus.......... I can take my work with Credenda anywhere you know.

I think..... I'm going to do some sewing. The thoughts in my head are to melancholy to share. And anything worthwhile to share, I have already done. So. Yeah.

Toodles Doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment