Since last I posted in here. Two Years. Dude. That's a long time, lol. Almost Exactly too. Scary stuff.
Curently reading: When Perfect isn't Good Enough: Strategies for coping with Perfectionism.
Yes. It's incredibly depressing to read a book that is like a mirror. Iiii Know I'm a perfectionist.. but.. reading this and saying "I do that, I think that, I feel that" etc etc... *sigh* it's not much fun, I must say. It is beneficial to be able to now say, oooh, THAT'S why! .. but it's still not fun.
Giving up fbook is not easy. I love fbook, I love being in touch with people I otherwise can't easily keep in touch with. Plus all of the town (practically) is on fbook, so keeping abreast of what's goin' on is nice as well.
But I have bigger reasons to step away. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay away.. I know I'm pretty good at caving in, but I'm going to try to stay away for awhile at least. Get some stuff figured out. I don't mind talking about it, just.. not on the web for everyone and their dogs to see.. so.. like.. shoot me an email or give me a call, or text, and we'll do coffee... or tea.. depending where we are, because I don't drink coffee anymore (yes, Again, lol.) so needless to say I don't have any in my house. But I have LOTS of tea.. and if it's a good day, I might even have some biscotti made too ;)
Just ignore that heap of laundry to be folded, and those dishes needing to be washed. How about you oogle my books instead? That would be better. Wanna see my signed first edition? It's the treasure, of sorts, of my collection. Just ignore that my DVD's are organized by colour... I'm working on that :P lol
Did you know, I haven't sewn anything since Christmas? That is very very sad. I haven't really done much of anything creative these past few months. Very Very sad.
I am slowly working on another painting. It's still in the sketching out phase. I've found "models" of what I want online, now I'm working on blending them into the complete picture. Well, the main focus anyway. The angel painting I did for Intro to Arts is called Guardian btw. When I get it hung, I'll take pictures of the full set. This next one is going to be called "security"
Why I continue to work with 'people' when they ar emy least favourite to draw... sucker for punishment perhaps.
I look forward to gardening. Not looking forward to teh work the flowerbed out front needs :/ Would be great if I could get it built up, kind of like how my neighbour has their's. We shall see. And putting stuff in teh garden, and now the garden is big enough to Really put stuff in.
I'm sorry, but a garden without potatoes just isn't really a garden. I'm going to ring it in Marigolds (because I can, and bugs don't like em) and plant potatoes, onions, carrots (heaven forbid I forget the carrotts.. Xander would melt down, lol) Probably some tomatoes, now that I have some recipies I want to try with them. cucumbers, toying with a few beets. Peas, beans... and whatever catches my fancy at teh greenhouse I guess. I need to find something that likes shade, since that one corner of the garden gets a lot of it. I don't see much point doing lettuce, nobody liked it last year. Would like to try pumpkins again too. Now that I know where I think I erred last time.
Have started watching a show called Warehouse 13, thanks to Jenny ;) And am liking it so far :) ...I should wiki it to check out episdes and such... oh yay, there's a third season starting up in July :) I was hoping there wouldn't be just the two. Usually it's a sign of a really good show.
The really good ones always seemed to get a short life.
Maybe I just have really odd tastes :P lol
And here is where I shall end, because I should probably try to eat something if I can. And then get some dishes done and laundry moved. ...or just Think about how I should be doing those things... :P
~Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment